Date: Sunday, January 26, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Hair Room at Clark's
3601 Clark's Lane
Baltimore, MD 21215
Registration includes: lecture, live demonstration, Q&A session, plus take-home oil starter kit & recipes!
Ever wanted to make your own natural hair oils? When you make it yourself, you can customize the oil to meet your own needs – such as more moisturizing, more growth, or more shine. You can even stop buying expensive oils at the store and save money (and your hair) by using what you have in your own kitchen!
This workshop is perfect for women, men and teens who are new to making oils and those who are transitioning to natural hair, as well as those who’ve been natural for a long time and are looking for new and better ways to care for their hair.
During the workshop, you’ll learn:
- Properties of different oils and butters – most of these are widely available at neighborhood grocery stores and many are already in your own kitchen!
- Properties of different herbs – which herbs are best for African-American hair how to safely infuse herbs into your hair oils
- Ingredients that are great for most natural or relaxed hairstyles but are NOT good for locs
- Easy hands-on techniques for creating your own oils during our live demo
- What factors to consider if you plan on selling your oils for profit
Plus, you’ll receive:
- Supply kit: A take-home starter supply kit and recipes – everything you need to make your own nourishing herbal hair oil at home!
- Resource list: Where to find the best oils, herbs and packaging supplies
SPACE IS LIMITED: Reserve Your Space Now!
Your Instructor: Jamila White
Jamila White is a proud naturalista and serial entrepreneur whose former handcrafted line of natural bath and body products, j.blossom, was carried in seven U.S. cities and London. As an entrepreneur and marketing expert, Jamila has appeared on WUSA DC Channel 9 News, “The LifestyleCEO Show,” “Moneywise with Kelvin Boston,” and WHUT “NewsVision.” She has been featured or quoted in Entrepreneur and Entrepreneur StartUps Magazines, Black Enterprise, Hallmark Magazine, Handmade Beauty Business Magazine, SPICE, Black Issues Book Review, and other many media outlets, and she was named one of the Top 50 Most Powerful and Influential Women in Social Media.
Jamila is also a gifted intuitive, clairvoyant and life coach who empowers people to live the life of their dreams by discovering their soul purpose, identifying and overcoming obstacles, and developing their own powerful intuition. Learn more about her or schedule your own life-changing private session at http://www.InspiredJamila.com or follow her on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/InspiredJamila
Your Hostess: Kirigo Kabuga
Kirigo Kabuga is a Baltimore-based master hairstylist, Sisterlocs™ consultant, natural hair blogger, and wellness coach. She helps people transform their lives by uncovering their natural beauty and radiant health within using natural hairstyling and natural hair transitions, Zumba workouts, and life coaching. Visit her online at http://www.naturalhairjourney.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/naturalhairjourney.
- Early Bird Discount: Save $10 by Registering before Jan. 19
$37 + $7 supply fee
- Regular Registration after Jan. 20 (if there’s space left)
$47 + $7 supply fee